Sunday 18 March 2012

My first post

Hi...This is my first attempt at blogging and am quite apprehensive on how its going to turn out....but theres always a first and so here i go...i am passionate about cooking since it  is a major stress buster for me..someday i hope to start a small eatery of my own...Heres my first recipe....going to be something simple for starts...this is part of my lunch today....




PEECHINGA MURINGIKKA CURRY
recipe source: inspired from my mom


Ridge gourd (cleaned and chopped)  - 1 cup
drumstick - 1
Tomato - 1 (chopped)
green chillies - 2 - 3


For grinding
coconut(grated) - 1 cup
jeera - 1/2 tsp
garlic - 3 flakes
shallots - 2 - 3
curry leaves
haldi - 1/4 tsp
salt


For tempering
coconut oil - 1 tbsp
mustard  - 1/2 tsp
shallots - 2 - 3 (sliced)
vattal mulaku (dry chilly) - 2
curry leaves - 1 sprig


Method:


Grind to a smooth paste all the ingredients under for grinding. In a deep pan ( i use an earthern vessel mann chatti) add the chopped ridge gourd, drumstick pieces, chopped tomatoes and slit green chillies.




 Now add the ground paste and 1/2 cup water and boil the vegetables till well cooked.


In a pan heat oil and temper with mustard, curry leaves, shallots and dry chillies. Pour over the cooked curry.
Serve with rice....goes best with kerala rice...






Cheers,


Sunita Z
















No comments:

Post a Comment